Growing up I wasn’t exposed to art. My family was more into music. When I went to school for graphic design I was required to take traditional art classes. One of these classes was design and composition. I remember the teacher saying to think of art like music. Both have a rhythm, a composition and a mood. This comparison really opened my eyes to the world of art. Even abstract art started to make sense. I now saw it as a composition of shapes and colors expressing a mood. Soon I discovered the joy of making my own art. I could experiment with shapes and colors. I could paint something from reality or something totally from my imagination.
My art is now a journey. In the beginning, I tried to go for the master piece. The next painting I was working on had to be my best ever! But I got burnt out very quickly doing art this way. It needed to be a process of discovery and imagination. In my art, I celebrate our ability to imagine and to contemplate. I find joy in everyday common objects and weird random ideas that come into my head. I hope my art gives you a little joy and sparks your imagination.
- Sacramento City College, Sacramento, CA (1999-2007)
- American River College, Sacramento, CA (2008-2012)
- A.A. in Art New Media & Liberal Arts
- Certificates in Web Publishing, Graphic Design & Audio Production
- 2nd Place Award in the American River College Annual Student Art Show
- Art features in the 2014 American River Review
- Website design for Jilkaat Kwaan Heritage Center (Klukwan, AK)
- Designed a hat design pro bono for a Jamboree Housing event (National Night Out).
- Designed a shirt for the Women In Brewing Festival benefiting W.E.A.V.E.
- Poster design for the American River College Fine Arts Club 2012
SELECTED FINE ART EXHIBITIONS
- American River College – Fine Arts Club Annual Art Exhibition. Crocker Art Museum, CA, Nov.1-Dec.16, 2012
- The End. The Tangent Gallery, Sacramento, CA, opening July 2012
- American River College Student Show 2012. Kaneko Art Gallery, CA, opening May 2012 (Awarded 2nd Place)
- American River College Art New Media Student Exhibition. Union Hall Gallery, Sacramento, Ca, April 2012 (One of my pieces was featured in the Sacramento News and Review paper article about the show.)
- Small A Group Exhibition. The Tangent Gallery, Sacramento, CA, opening November 2011
- Dreams: Real and Surreal Visions of Pleasure, Pain, Joy, and Dread. Kaneko Art Gallery, CA, opening October 2011
- Paintings from Observation and Imagination. Gallery W, CA, opening September 2011 (Solo Show)
- American River College Campus, CA, Borrowing a painting for 1 Year from May 2011- May 2012
- American River College Student Show 2011. Kaneko Art Gallery, CA, opening May 2011 (2 Pieces)
- Flora A Group Exhibition. The Tangent Gallery, Sacramento, CA, opening April 2011
- American River College Student Show 2010, Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA, opening November 2010
- Fear A Group Exhibition. The Tangent Gallery, Sacramento, CA, opening October 2010
- American River College Student Exhibition and Holiday Sale 2009, E Street Gallery & Studio, Sacramento, CA, opening December 2009
- American River College Student Show 2009, The Keneko Art Gallery, Sacramento, CA, opening November 2009
- Second Saturday at the B (Group Show), B Street Skate Park, Sacramento, CA, opening September 2009
- American River College Student Exhibition and Holiday Sale 2008, Temporary Gallery, Sacramento, CA, opening December 2008